EMV Chip Card
Get the security of a checking account with the convenience of an ATM card. Use your Debit Mastercard at an ATM to get cash or use it at your favorite restaurants or at any participating merchant to purchase clothing, groceries or gasoline and the transaction will clear your checking account as if you had written a check for those items. Your Debit Mastercard is accepted everywhere Mastercard is accepted at over 11 million merchants worldwide.
To Report a lost or stolen Debit Card call the credit union at 231-726-4871. After hours call 1-888-241-2510.
If your Debit Card is denied or if you receive a fraud alert call and want to speak with someone live, call the credit union at 231-726-4871. After hours call 1-888-241-2440.
CardNav by CO-OP
New security and control for cardholders.
Introducing unprecedented, real-time control over your Muskegon Co-op FCU debit cards through your smartphone or tablet.
CardNav adds another level of security to your cards by letting you decide how and when they can be used, and alerting you when any types of transactions you specify take place. You can even use CardNav to set personal spending limits that help you stay within your budget goals.
- Turn cards on or off in seconds.
- Use GPS to restrict transactions to businesses within a designated area.
- Limit card use to specific merchants or purchases.
- Receive real-time, in-app alerts that let you stop unauthorized purchases before they’re complete.
- Receive alerts when you’re getting close to any personal spending limits you’ve set.
Download the CardNav by CO-OP app to your smartphone or tablet today, and gain a new level of security and control over your money today.
Watch the video below for a demonstration of how CardNav works.
Co-op Network ATMs
You’ll have access to over 30,000 surcharge-free Co-op Network ATMs nationwide.
Co-op Network has the largest ATM network with more ATMs than any of the big banks. Compare below:
Co-op Network – 30,000
Bank of America – 18,000
Chase Bank – 15,000
Wells Fargo – 12,000
PNC – 6500
Citibank – 3200
Fifth Third – 2300
Comerica – 603
There are Co-op Network ATMs on many college campuses including:
- Ball State University
- Central Michigan University
- Eastern Michigan University
- Jackson Community College
- Michigan State University
- Notre Dame University
- Oakland University
- University of Michigan
- Wayne State University
- Western Michigan University
You can search for a Co-op Network ATM near you with one of the ATM locators below:
- Call 888-7483-2667 (888-SITE-COOP) to access our voice locator.
- Text your address or zip code to 692667 (MYCOOP) and receive a list of Co-op Network ATMs near you within minutes. Normal text fees apply.
- Visit our website at muskegoncoop.com and under the online banking login find the “Locations & ATMs” link.
Credit or Debit?
When using your debit card, if the cashier asks you if it’s a “credit” or “debit” transaction, answer “credit”. The amount of the transaction will still be deducted from your checking account, but it won’t count toward your total debit withdrawals. As a “credit” transaction you can simply sign your name instead of using your PIN.
Say “Credit” to simply sign your name at retailers and restaurants.
Reasons to use your signature instead of your PIN when using your debit card at a retailer:
- PIN-based transactions are limited to $500 in a 24-hour period
- PIN-based transactions are limited to 5 transactions in a 24-hour period
- PIN-based transactions are charged a fee after your initial free debit withdrawals from our Member Rewards program
Sign & Save
Mastercard SecureCode is an innovative service offering secure Internet shopping, using your preferred form of Internet payment – the debit card. MasterCard SecureCode lets you add a personal SecureCode™ to your existing card, getting added security and the reassurance that only you can use your card online.
When you purchase online, MasterCard SecureCode issues a receipt at the end of the checkout process. The receipt includes details of your current purchase, such as site name, purchase amount and date. You sign the receipt using your personal SecureCode and click “Submit” to proceed with the purchase. Without your SecureCode, the purchase cannot take place.
Once you’ve registered and created a SecureCode, each time you make an online purchase, a window will pop up asking for your SecureCode like using your PIN at the ATM. When you correctly enter your SecureCode, you confirm that you are the authorized cardholder and your purchase is completed. If the correct code is not supplied, your financial institution cannot confirm your identity and the purchase will not be completed. No code, no confirmation, no purchase.
Here are the steps to register once on that website:
- Select “register now”
- Agree to terms/conditions
- Enter card #
- Provide primary member’s soc/birth date/zip code
- Build profile